The Ashtabula Center of Kent State University was opened in the old Park Avenue Junior High School building in 1958.
Oliver C. Topky donated 80 acres of land for the new campus in 1963. Main Hall broke ground in December 1965 and opened for classes in the fall of 1967.
The Library and Tech buildings were added in 1972.
Since 1972, thousands of students have graduated from the campus. Thousands more have enjoyed free outdoor summer and indoor classical concerts, taken non-credit classes, assembled in one of our meeting rooms, sipped wine on our front lawn and were touched in some way by the campus and the people who work there.