Before you take an online class, you should be confident about your computer and study skills.
Review the following list of requirements to assess your readiness to take online classes.
· I know how to connect to the Web using a web browser.
· I can navigate around the Web and know how to use search engines.
· I know how to send and receive e-mail.
· I know how to do basic word processing, including cutting and pasting.
· I know how to open, save, and manage files.
· I understand how to organize files (create, name, folder, attach, naming of versions)
· I can compress files and folders
· I have access to a computer 5-7 days per week.
· I have 9-12 hours a week to work on EACH online class.
· I can motivate myself to log in to the virtual classroom at least 4 days a week.
· I have good reading comprehension and written communication skills, and I enjoy communicating in writing.
· I enjoy figuring things out on my own but am able to ask for help when I need it.
If you answered no to more than one of these requirements, an online class might not be right for you at this time.