Kent State Ashtabula Student Ambassadors
The mission of the Kent State at Ashtabula Student Ambassadors is to serve as a university liaison and assist in advancing Kent State University at Ashtabula through both recruitment and retention efforts. The Kent State at Ashtabula Student Ambassadors are involved in both community and campus events. Student Ambassadors are afforded various opportunities to further develop and engage their leadership skills as they interact with current and future students, staff, faculty, and community members. Our Student Ambassadors are the student leaders of our campus.
Serving as a Student Ambassador is a rewarding experience, giving students the opportunity to develop skills they already have as well as gain new ones, such as:
- Public speaking
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
These are skills that are highly valued by employers, so that means that serving as a Student Ambassador is not only a personally rewarding experience but gives our students a competitive edge when they enter the job market.
To become a Student Ambassador, students must:
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Enroll in and successfully complete US 10095 – Special Topics: Student Ambassador Training. This 1-credit hour leadership course is offered the second half of the Spring 2014 semester on Wednesdays 3:45 – 5:25 p.m.
- Submit a completed application and two references to the Student Services Office. These forms can be accessed by clicking on the links to the right.
- If all of the above criteria are met, students will be invited to participate in a brief interview.
Please contact Stephanie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 964-4293 for any questions about becoming a Student Ambassador or taking the Special Topics: Student Ambassador Training course this semester.