The Plow will begin accepting literature submissions on December 1, 2013.
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at midnight
To ensure an impartial evaluation and selection process, only the faculty advisor has
access to the original Plow submissions. The student staff members evaluating your
work to determine whether to accept it for publication do not have access to author
information until after all selections are final. The selection committee is composed
entirely of Kent State Ashtabula students.
Literature Submission Guidelines
- Short fiction up to 2,000 words
- Creative non-fiction up to 2,000 words
- Poetry up to 100 lines
- The Plow only publishes work produced by Kent State Ashtabula students.
- The work need not have been created for a class project.
- There is no limit to the number of works you can submit for consideration. However, you can only submit up to three (3) works using the online form. Simply submit an additional form if you wish to submit more than three.
- Submissions accompanied by incomplete information will not be considered.
File Submission Requirements
- Literary works must be saved in MS Word format
- DO NOT put your name anywhere on the literary piece itself (this is a blind review process)
Accepting submissions online beginning December 1, 2013!