ALEKS Chemistry Placement Prep Series
About the ALEKS Chemistry Placement Assessment
If you plan to take General Chemistry I (CHEM 10060) in the fall, you are required to take the online ALEKS Chemistry assessment.
- Take the online ALEKS Chemistry assessment between July 11 and July 19, 2013.
- Preferred web browsers to take ALEKS Chemistry are Chrome or Explorer.
- To take the assessment, log into FlashLine > Student Tools & Courses > Placement Assessment.
- The assessment takes about an hour to complete. There is no time limit to take the initial assessment.
- To be eligible to take CHEM 10060, you will need to obtain a 100% mastery of the material in the ALEKS Chemistry assessment. You will need to complete all topics and use the learning modules available online through ALEKS Chemistry over the summer to improve your mastery as needed.
- You will periodically be reassessed (each time 20 topics are learned) throughout the summer (for Fall registration) until you obtain 100% mastery of the 90 core topics. You do not need to take the final assessment that will be offered to you once you have obtained 100% mastery.
- Only students who attain 100% mastery after the initial placement assessment or who reach 100% mastery through the use of the learning modules by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, August 20th will be permitted to remain registered for CHEM 10060.
- To ensure that you obtain 100% mastery by the deadline, you may need to invest time throughout the summer to master the topics. Take the assessment as early as possible.
ALEKS Chemistry Placement Tutoring Support
During the summer, the Tutoring Center is offering ALEKS Chemistry assessment tutoring support to help you master the topics that will be covered in the assessment.
Please see our Tutoring Services schedule to find assistance with Math and Chemistry topics. Tutoring is free and no appointments are necessary.
Can't make it to campus during our tutoring hours?
Try Virtual Tutoring!
Coordinator of Academic Services