Take ALEKS remotely
Follow the steps below to complete the math placement assessment:
Step 1: Log into FlashLine
To log into FlashLine for the first time, login here. Your FlashLine User Name and Kent State ID Number are listed on your acceptance letter.
The format for your initial 10-character password is: mmmyyxxxxx (all lower case).
1. mmm = the first three letters of your birth month (ex. April = apr)
2. yy = the last two digits of your birth year
3. xxxxx = the last five digits of your Kent State ID Number
Name: Joseph R. Student
User Name: jstudent
Date of Birth: June 30, 1990
Kent State ID Number: 810116812
Initial Password: jun9016812
After logging in, you will be prompted to change your password. Your new password must be comprised of at least eight characters, using a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers. Note that your FlashLine password is case sensitive.
Remember your new password!
Step 2: Take Math Placement Assessment
- Once logged into FlashLine, select "Student Tools & Courses" from the main menu.
- To the right, you will see a Placement Assessment block.
- You are required to take the ALEKS Math Placement only.
- Your computer needs to have Java enabled.
- View "System Requirements" for computer-related questions.
- Contact ALEKS Support (below) if you have problems accessing the math placement.
- The math placement assessment should take 60-90 minutes to complete.
- Your placement results will be discussed with you at First Step.
The use of ALEKS requires installation of the ALEKS plug-in. The plug-in should install on your computer automatically the first time you access the ALEKS site. If you have trouble installing the plug-in, visit www.aleks.com/faqs/technical.
ALEKS Technical Support FAQs: www.aleks.com/faqs/technical
Email via: www.support.aleks.com
Optional Foreign Language Placement
If you are planning to major in a foreign language, or think you might take a foreign language class during your first semester, you are welcome to take the foreign language placement now. Your placement will be discussed with you at your Inside Track advising appointment. This is not required but will be helpful should you need to take a foreign language course during your first semester.